Pilates Central is a stunning,
state-of-the-art Pilates studio, located in the heart of Islington, London N1.
‘In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 you will see the difference, and in 30 you will have a whole new body.’
– Joseph Pilates
Times and Prices
Now open until 9pm weekdays; from 6am some mornings; longer on Sundays too, from 8:30am to 6pm! See Times and Prices for details.
See Our Other Videos: • Client Testimonials • Back-pain • Age/ageing
What Our Clients Say:
- 'I cannot recommend Pilates Central highly enough…' Jenny Littlewood
- 'Top-of-the-range equipment… Incredibly knowledgeable teachers.' Milly Ayliffe
- 'I can honestly say that Pilates has tripled my energy level.' Sian Phillips, actor
- 'Not just very professional but warm, personal and tailored to your needs.' Ilka Rauch
- 'I recommend Pilates Central to anyone and everyone.' Margaret Harley
- 'The thing about Pilates is that it works.' Charlotte Ross, journalist (and bad-back sufferer), writing in The (London) Evening Standard
Also see More testimonials
What The Papers Say: “The thing about Pilates is that it works"
'Two years ago I first walked into Pilates Central in Islington. It suited me – a bad-back sufferer – because it was barely used... Now the studio is packed, often with more men than women. What unites us is that we are all there for medical reasons - from bad backs to whiplash injuries.... The thing about Pilates is that it works...'
Charlotte Ross, The Evening Standard
What Makes Us Special?
Our Teachers Are Top Of Their Profession
They have had exceptional training and experience.
Our Pilates is custom-made - not one-size-fits-all
We assess you as an individual and then design a bespoke programme to meet your precise needs. You then follow your own programme under the supervision of our teachers. Beginners get almost individual attention from teachers.
Our Pilates helps clients with medical needs
Pilates may have become something fashionable but most of our clients come to us for medical reasons - because of bad backs, necks, shoulders, joints or other physical problems.
Also see Why Pilates Central?
Pilates Can Really Change Your Body
Pilates is a uniquely intelligent and precise form of exercise and body-conditioning.
The benefits of Pilates include...
- A stronger, healthier back
- A more toned and mobile body
- A flatter stomach
- Looser, suppler, more flexible joints
- A leaner, longer look
- Better posture
- A sense of calm, fitness and well-being
It is more dynamic than yoga but less aggressive, competitive and high-impact than aerobics, jogging or gym-work, which, unlike Pilates, can place damaging strain on the joints and heart.
Our Location Is Superb
We are located just off Upper Street in the heart of Islington, North London. This is within easy reach of King's Cross, Clerkenwell, The Barbican and The City, and within a couple of miles of Holloway, Camden, Kentish Town, Bloomsbury and Holborn.
Also see How to Find Us.
‘Joseph Pilates, Exercise Pioneer’, an exhibition of photographs by I.C. Rapoport, is currently receiving its world premiere at Pilates Central.